Healthy living

Perth Aboriginal services – drug and alcohol services

Alcohol and drug services for Aboriginal people in the Perth metropolitan area.

Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Service

Phone: 9221 1411
Address: 211 Royal St, East Perth
Visit Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Service (external site)

AADS Services work within a culturally secure model and offer treatments, education programs, yarning (counselling) and natural healing therapies:

  • holistic assessment
  • culturally appropriate counselling
  • treatment planning
  • medical withdrawal support
  • residential rehabilitation referral
  • youth and education programs
  • family support services
  • prison programs
  • advocacy
  • outreach treatment.

Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Program (Women’s Health and Family Services)

Phone: 6330 5400
Fax: 6330 5499
Address: 227 Newcastle St, Northbridge
Visit Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Program (external site)

Eligibility: Aboriginal women and family members including children, youth and partners.

Services include counselling, outreach, access to group and children’s programs to women and their families who are impacted by their own or other family members drug and alcohol misuse.

Referral and access to government and non-government agencies including medical, domestic violence and parenting.

Please telephone for an appointment. Monday to Thursday, 9.00am – 4.30pm.

Alcohol and Drug Support Service (formerly Alcohol Drug Information Service – ADIS)

The Alcohol and Drug Support Service operates four 24 hour, statewide telephone support lines providing confidential counselling, information, advice and referral:

  • Alcohol and Drug Support Line
  • Meth Helpline
  • Parent and Family Drug Support Line
  • Working Away Alcohol and Drug Support Line

Contact can be made by phone, email or online Live Chat.

View the phone numbers and email addresses on the Drug and Alcohol Office website (external site).

Live Chat can be accessed at Alcohol. Think Again (external site) or Drug Aware (external site).

Jacaranda Community Centre

Phone: 9477 4346 or 9478 1219
Address: 146 Epsom Ave, Belmont; PO Box 142, Cloverdale 6895
Visit Jacaranda Community Centre (external site)

Provides a range of free programs for Indigenous people including drug and alcohol counselling on Friday by appointment. Please phone between 9.30am – 4.30pm for appointments and information.

Karnany Aboriginal Centre

Phone: 9274 7929
Address: 25 Spring Park Rd, Midland
Visit Karnany Aboriginal Centre (external site)

A service of Swan Emergency Accommodation. Karnany is a resource centre providing services to both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people. Services include:

  • Outreach location for Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Service (AADS).
  • Outreach location for Street Doctor and associated medical and psychological services.
  • Information and referrals.
  • Emergency relief – (by appointment Tuesdays at 9.00am).
  • Money Business – (financial literacy program).
  • NPAH Housing Support – (referral from designated agencies only).
  • Agent for NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme).

PDIS (Parent Drug Information Service)

Phone: 9442 5050 or 1800 653 203
Address: PO Box 126, Mt Lawley
Visit: PDIS (external site)

PDIS provides 24/7 telephone counselling, information and support to parents concerned about their son or daughter’s alcohol or other drug use. Callers can choose to speak to a professional counsellor and/or a parent volunteer who has lived experience. PDIS counsellors also support other family members and grandparents concerned about a loved one’s use. The service is anonymous and completely confidential.

The parent volunteer network provides not only telephone support from 8.00am to 10.00pm at night but also face to face support in the adult drug court and a fortnightly support group for parents. The service also has a wide range of free written information about drugs and alcohol that can be sent to you at no charge.

PDIS is always seeking to recruit Aboriginal parents with lived experience to join their existing team of dedicated volunteers. If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering to help other parents and families affected by drug and alcohol use in the family, and have personal experience, then we’d love to hear from you.


Phone: 6263 8622
Address: 27 Moore St, East Perth
Visit Outcare (external site)

Counselling Program provides one on one mental health and substance use counselling for offenders, ex-offenders and their families pre and post release. Personal support, information and referrals.

Men’s Healing Program – a partnership with the Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Service

Confidential personal support and counselling/yarning for Aboriginal men exiting prison, and their families, in the metropolitan area.

An Aboriginal way of working with clients, provides for healing, change, building personal growth and reconnecting to culture. Learn new ways of coping other than alcohol and drugs.

Snow Bennett Youth Service

Phone: 9274 1611
Address: 53 Great Northern Highway, Midland
Visit Snow Bennett Youth Service (external site)

A service of Swan Emergency Accommodation.

SBYS provides crisis accommodation and support to up to 6 young people (aged 15 to 25) who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The service also has a small number of transitional accommodation units for young people, usually once they have attained some independent living skills in the youth house.

The drug education program offers young people, who are residents of SBYS, support to address their drug and alcohol issues with a strong focus on health and harm minimisation.


This information is from the RUAH Community Services
Perth Aboriginal Services Directory

This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare professional. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.

Link to HealthyWA Facebook page