Emergency and crisis
There is a range of services available to provide support and immediate response to people in crisis or in need of urgent medical care.
- emergency medical care
- emergency medical transport
- 24 hour telephone counselling, advice and referral services
- individual and family crisis assistance
- psychiatric or drug related emergencies.
St John Ambulance Australia (WA)
Metropolitan hospital emergency services
The metropolitan hospitals listed in this section provide 24 hour emergency services for people who have had a serious accident or suddenly become ill and require urgent medical care.
Country hospital emergency services
Country hospitals and nursing posts provide or can arrange emergency services. Ambulance services or the Royal Flying Doctor Service can also help you access these services. Health services information can be found using the National Health Services Directory.
Royal Flying Doctor Service (WA)
Various telephone services are available to assist people or provide referral to services which can help.
Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) (formerly Next Step Alcohol and Drug Information Services)
Child Protection Unit (formerly Child Sexual Abuse Unit)
Family Help Line
- Phone: 9223 1100
- Outside metro area – Free call 1800 643 000 (free from land line only)
Kids Help Line
Mental Health Emergency Response Line (formerly Psychiatric Emergency Team)
- Metro callers – Phone 1300 555 788 (local call)
- Peel callers – Free call 1800 676 822 (free from land line only)
- 9 George Street, Kensington WA 6151
- Phone: 9368 9368
- Outside metro area – Free call 1800 111 546 (free from land line only)
- Visit the Ngala website (external site)
Parenting WA Line
Poisons Information Centre
- Phone: 13 11 26 (all areas, all hours)
- Outside metro area – Free call 1800 552 002 (free from land line only)
Samaritans Crisis Line (formerly Suicide Emergency Line - Country)
Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC)
- Phone: 9340 1828 (crisis line 24 hours)
- Outside metro area – Free call 1800 199 888 (free from a land line only)
- See more about the Sexual Assault Resource Centre
This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare professional. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.