Day therapy units – subacute care
Physiotherapy at a day therapy unit
Day therapy units provide a range of outpatient rehabilitation services.
These are mainly for people aged over 65, with a broad range of health issues.
Day therapy units provide:
- access to multidisciplinary health professionals
- an individual program developed for you
- access to a range of medical clinics, for example:
- access to other specialist rehabilitation services for:
- Parkinson’s disease
There is no cost involved but you will need a referral from your general practitioner.
Hospitals or emergency departments with day therapy units can refer you directly.
These hospitals are:
- Albany Hospital
- Bunbury Hospital at South West Health Campus
- Geraldton Hospital
- Northam Hospital
- Kalgoorlie Hospital
Where to get help
- See your doctor
- Visit a GP after hours
- Ring healthdirect on 1800 022 222
- Day therapy units provide a range of outpatient rehabilitation services.
- These are mainly for people aged over 65.
- Hospitals or emergency departments with day therapy units can refer you directly.
Aged and Continuing Care Directorate
This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare professional. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.