Working in Western Australia
Western Australia's sparse population, vast distances and diverse climate present unique problems to the delivery of health services. The demands of a sophisticated market have led to the development of considerable expertise in all aspects of health care in Western Australia, and in many areas we lead the world.
Consider Western Australia in your future career plans:
- Three Public Primary Employing Health Services (Fiona Stanley, Royal Perth and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospitals) and one Public-Private Primary Employing Health Service (Joondalup Health Campus (Commonwealth Medical Internships only))
- nationally competitive salaries and conditions
- a range of rotations in and out of WA public hospitals in metropolitan and rural areas including community placements in Perth, public health experience in the Kimberley and terms at rural and remote hospitals across WA.
As well as a great working culture, Western Australia also offers a quality lifestyle including:
- mediterranean climate
- white sandy beaches
- great restaurants
- unique holiday experiences
- fresh local produce
- close proximity to award winning wine regions
- diverse entertainment
- arts and craft
- a rich heritage and aboriginal culture.
Find out more about living and working in Western Australia