Having a baby at Fiona Stanley Hospital
Maternity services at Fiona Stanley Hospital provide a variety of services and support for women with low risk through to complex pregnancies.
Women can be referred by their General Practitioner (GP) for outpatient care at the hospital’s antenatal clinics or Maternal Fetal Assessment Unit (MFAU), as well as inpatient care at the new maternity wards or birthing suites.
The services provide a woman centered model of care and is delivered by a team of experienced midwives, doctors, nurses and allied health professionals with the support of neonatologists and all related specialties.
Fiona Stanley Hospital provides maternity care to women living within the following postcodes:
- 6147 – 6150
- 6153 – 6160
- 6162 – 6164
- 2 Maternity wards
- 6 Domestic-style birthing suites with ability to accommodate twin births
- Water birthing bath
- Obstetric theatre for emergency caesarean sections and procedures
- Maternal Fetal Assessment Unit
Services and features
- Midwifery led clinics for low risk women
- Consultant led antenatal clinic for medium/high risk women
- Specialist clinics for complications in pregnancy
- Visiting Midwifery Service
- Lactation consultant services and education
- Parent education classes
- Newborn hearing screening
A photo tour of Fiona Stanley Hospital’s maternity services is available online (external site).
Fiona Stanley Hospital (external site)
Phone: 6152 2222
Address: 102 – 118 Murdoch Drive, Murdoch, Western Australia, 6150
Postal Address: Locked Bag 100, Palmyra DC, Western Australia, 6961
Fiona Stanley Hospital
This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare professional. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.